DR. MAZIN AL HAKEEM
Dr. Mazin Hakeem, M.D., is a board-certified Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgeon. Dr. Hakeem has been in practice since 2000 and is a professional member of the Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation.
Education and Others
May 1991 M.D. Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
PRE – MEDICAL EDUCATION
• June 1985 B.Sc. Biological Sciences University of California, Irvine, CA
• June 1980 G.C.E. Advanced Level Mathematics and Physics South East London College, London, UK
1983 – 1987 Molecular Biology Research at University of California, Irvine, Genentech, Inc., and Mayo Clinic
TRAINING – FELLOWSHIP
July 1999 – June 2000 Aesthetic Surgery/Clinical Instructor University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
TRAINING – RESIDENCY
• July 1997 – June 1999 Plastic Surgery Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
• January 1993 – June 1997 General Surgery Yale – New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
• July 1991 – November 1992 General Surgery Mayo Graduate School of Medicine Rochester, MN
• 2000 Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
• 2002 American Society of Plastic Surgeons
• 2002 Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, California
1. De La Torre, Jorge I. MD, Martin, Scot A. MD, Al-Hakeem, Mazin S, MD, De Cordier, Benoit C MD,Vasconez, Luis O. MD
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 113 (1):404-409, Jan. 2004
“A Minimally Invasive Approach for Correction of Chin Ptosis”
2. De La Torre, Jorge I. MD, Martin, Scot A. MD, Al-Hakeem, Mazin S, MD, De Cordier, Benoit C MD,Vasconez, Luis O. MD, Collawn Sherry S. MD, Vasconez, Luis O. MD
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 112(2):655-660, Aug 2003
“Aesthetic Eyelid Ptosis Correction: A Review of Technique, Cases and Complications”
3. De Cordier, B., de la Torre, J., Al-Hakeem, M., Rosenberg , L., Gardner , P., Costa-Ferreira, A, Fix, R., Vasconez, L.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 110 (6);1558-68; Nov.2002
“Endoscopic Forehead Lift: Review of Technique, Cases, and Complications”
4. De Cordier, B., de la Torre, J., Al-Hakeem, M., Rosenberg , L., Costa-Ferreira, A., Gardner , P., Fix, R., Vasconez, L.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 110 (6);152636; Nov.2002
“Rejuvenation of the Midface by Elevating the Malar Fat Pad: Review of Technique, Cases, and Complications”
5. Al-Hakeem, M ., McMillen, M.
Current Problems In Surgery 37(9); 585 – 632, 2000
6. Al-Hakeem, M ., Fix, R., De Cordier, B., Vasconez, L.
The American Journal of Surgery 176(3);291 – 4, 1998
“Evaluation of Abdominal Pain in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus”
7. Sai Sudhakar, C.B., Al-Hakeem, M ., Sumpio, B.E.
Connecticut Medicine 61(8); 459 – 6, 1997
“Venous Obstruction of the Lower Extremity Secondary to an Enlarged Bladder”
8. Sudhakar, C.B ., Al-Hakeem, M ., Mac Arthur, J.D., Sumpio, B.E.
American Journal of Gastroenterology 92(6); 1053 – 4, 1997
“Mesenteric Ischemia Secondary to Cocaine Abuse: Case Report and Literature Review”
9. Al-Hakeem, M ., Sommer, S.
Analytical Biochemistry 163, 433 – 9, 1987
“Terbium Identifies Double – Stranded RNA on Gels by Quenching the Fluorescence of Intercalated Ethidium Bromide”