DR. MAZIN AL HAKEEM
BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON
May 1991 M.D. Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
PRE – MEDICAL EDUCATION
• June 1985 B.Sc. Biological Sciences University of California, Irvine, CA
• June 1980 G.C.E. Advanced Level Mathematics and Physics South East London College, London, UK
1983 – 1987 Molecular Biology Research at University of California, Irvine, Genentech, Inc., and Mayo Clinic
TRAINING – FELLOWSHIP
July 1999 – June 2000 Aesthetic Surgery/Clinical Instructor University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
TRAINING – RESIDENCY
• July 1997 – June 1999 Plastic Surgery Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
• January 1993 – June 1997 General Surgery Yale – New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
• July 1991 – November 1992 General Surgery Mayo Graduate School of Medicine Rochester, MN
• 2000 Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
• 2002 American Society of Plastic Surgeons
• 2002 Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, California
1984 President’s Undergraduate Fellow Research Award University of California, Irvine, CA
1. De La Torre, Jorge I. MD, Martin, Scot A. MD, Al-Hakeem, Mazin S, MD, De Cordier, Benoit C MD,Vasconez, Luis O. MD
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 113 (1):404-409, Jan. 2004
“A Minimally Invasive Approach for Correction of Chin Ptosis”
2. De La Torre, Jorge I. MD, Martin, Scot A. MD, Al-Hakeem, Mazin S, MD, De Cordier, Benoit C MD,Vasconez, Luis O. MD, Collawn Sherry S. MD, Vasconez, Luis O. MD
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 112(2):655-660, Aug 2003
“Aesthetic Eyelid Ptosis Correction: A Review of Technique, Cases and Complications”
3. De Cordier, B., de la Torre, J., Al-Hakeem, M., Rosenberg , L., Gardner , P., Costa-Ferreira, A, Fix, R., Vasconez, L.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 110 (6);1558-68; Nov.2002
“Endoscopic Forehead Lift: Review of Technique, Cases, and Complications”
4. De Cordier, B., de la Torre, J., Al-Hakeem, M., Rosenberg , L., Costa-Ferreira, A., Gardner , P., Fix, R., Vasconez, L.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 110 (6);152636; Nov.2002
“Rejuvenation of the Midface by Elevating the Malar Fat Pad: Review of Technique, Cases, and Complications”
5. Al-Hakeem, M ., McMillen, M.
Current Problems In Surgery 37(9); 585 – 632, 2000
6. Al-Hakeem, M ., Fix, R., De Cordier, B., Vasconez, L.
The American Journal of Surgery 176(3);291 – 4, 1998
“Evaluation of Abdominal Pain in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus”
7. Sai Sudhakar, C.B., Al-Hakeem, M ., Sumpio, B.E.
Connecticut Medicine 61(8); 459 – 6, 1997
“Venous Obstruction of the Lower Extremity Secondary to an Enlarged Bladder”
8. Sudhakar, C.B ., Al-Hakeem, M ., Mac Arthur, J.D., Sumpio, B.E.
American Journal of Gastroenterology 92(6); 1053 – 4, 1997
“Mesenteric Ischemia Secondary to Cocaine Abuse: Case Report and Literature Review”
9. Al-Hakeem, M ., Sommer, S.
Analytical Biochemistry 163, 433 – 9, 1987
“Terbium Identifies Double – Stranded RNA on Gels by Quenching the Fluorescence of Intercalated Ethidium Bromide”
“Composite Tissue Expansion in the Reconstruction of the Burned Hand”
Senior Residents Conference
Galveston, TX, March/April 1999
“Abdominoplasty: High-Lateral-Tension with Superficial Fascial System Suspension”
New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
The New York Academy of Medicine, NY, March 1999
“Lack of Correlation between Cervical Spine Fractures and Facial and/or Skull Fractures in Blunt Trauma”
4th International Congress on the Immune Consequences of Trauma, Shock and Sepsis
Munich, Germany, March 1997
Grand Rounds, Yale New-Haven Hospital
New Haven, CT, February 1997
“The Relationship Between Cervical Spine, Facial and Skull Injuries”
American College of Surgeons
Connecticut Chapter at Cromwell, December 1996
The Plastic Surgery Institute of California is a premier provider of aesthetic plastic surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery and weight loss surgery. We look forward to helping you look and feel your best.